It is always fun to decorate your table for Thanksgiving dinner. Why spend the money on a centerpiece when you can create your own using different items? This is your chance to show off your creativity instead of spending an arm and a leg on decorations. Use the following ideas to create the perfect centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
- Fall Floral Arrangements: It is very easy to turn a floral arrangement into a beautiful centerpiece. Start by placing yellow, orange and red flowers inside a brown planter or basket. You can limit this centerpiece to flowers only, or you can add berries and twigs to the mix.
- Create a Unique Theme: Create a centerpiece that stands out from the crowd by pairing metallics and whites. You can start by placing metallic candle holders down the center of the table. Place a small white pumpkin between each candle holder. Finish it off by placing a bundle of wheat or twigs inside a metallic vase in the center of the table.
- Stick With Nature: Are you looking for a centerpiece that is perfect for Thanksgiving and the fall season in general? You can achieve this look by sticking with natural elements for your centerpiece. Start by arranging pumpkins, gourds, pears and pine cones in the center of the table. Place them on a tray or inside a basket, or simply arrange them on the table itself. You can also create a topper by placing a single pear or small pumpkin on each plate.
- Repurpose Other Decor: You do not need to buy a ton of supplies to create your Thanksgiving centerpiece. All you have to do is find a creative way to repurpose other decor around your home. One idea is to use your candle holders as pedestals for small pumpkins or gourds. You can also fill a transparent vase with small pumpkins or pinecones. Repurposing your decor allows you to create a simple but beautiful centerpiece without breaking the bank.
- Mix and Match: Mix different patterns and textures to find the perfect look for your Thanksgiving centerpiece. One idea is to place a piece of burlap over a metallic or glossy gold tray to create an elegant but rustic look. If you want to add another item to this centerpiece, consider topping the burlap with a few small pumpkins. You can also experiment with different colors to create a fall look, such as placing white pumpkins on a chocolate brown runner.
- Splash of Color: You are going to need a white or neutral colored table runner for this centerpiece. Place small pumpkins and fall colored flowers down the center of the table. It creates a simple design and adds a splash of color to your decor. Are you having trouble finding a table runner for your centerpiece? The pumpkins and flowers will look great over your white or neutral tablecloth.
- Go Big or Go Home: Use a long wooden box to create a centerpiece your guests will never forget. You can start by placing floral foam at the bottom of the box. Arrange items such as berries, pine cones and pumpkins inside the wooden box. You can even add in several long candles to create a warm glow. Finish the centerpiece by placing cedar on top of the arrangement. The best part is the box will keep your decor in one spot.
You can make your guests feel welcome by taking the time to create the perfect centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table. The sky is the limit when you are coming up with your own ideas for your Thanksgiving centerpiece.