The bathroom is a room you use every day, and it is a room you should keep neat and organized. The idea is to find your bathroom essentials with plenty of time to get ready for the day.
Use the following tips to make the most of your space and organize your bathroom essentials:
- Take Control of The Clutter: The first step to organizing your bathroom is to take control of the clutter in your medicine cabinet, the space under the sink and drawers. You are going to pull out your inventory and get rid of anything that is expired or broken. Now, place the items you do not need to use right now in a bin, and keep the bin inside a closet until you need to pull them out.
- Invest in Drawer Dividers: Drawer dividers are great for organizing your small toiletries, cosmetics, hair accessories and grooming tools. The dividers feature several compartments for organizing your essentials by size or group. You can find drawer dividers in most container, home and superstores.
- Organize Your Makeup: If you have more than one drawer in your bathroom, designate a drawer to your cosmetics. You can use a drawer divider to organize the cosmetics, brushes and makeup remover. Another idea is to hang a metal strip on the wall for any cosmetics that come in metal containers.
- Use Apothecary Jars: There is nothing wrong with wanting to add style to your bathroom, and glass apothecary jars can help you achieve that look. Use the jars to organize cotton swabs, cotton balls, soap and bath salts. You can line them up on your shelf, windowsill or vanity.
- Invest in a Shower Caddy: You have already gone through your belongings and removed anything you are not using right now. You still need to organize the toiletries you are keeping in the bathroom. A shower caddy is great for organizing your shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and other essentials. The styles range from a corner caddy to a caddy that hangs from the shower head.
- Use The Door: Have you ever thought of using the door as a storage solution? You need a place to hang your towels, robes and the sweater you are going to grab on your way out. You can use self-adhesive hooks or an over the door hanger with hooks to create a spot for these items.
- Repurposed Towel Rack: Do you have an old wooden wine rack sitting around the house collecting dust? Dust it off and place it in the bathroom as a spot for your rolled up towels. You can use it for the family towels or place it in the guest bathroom.
- Figure Out What To Hide and Leave Out: Items such as personal care products, skin-care products and medication can be hidden inside a closed cabinet or solid container with a lid. You may be tempted to hide the toilet paper, but this is actually an item you should leave out in plain sight. It allows you to keep track of your inventory, and it is convenient to the guests who may not want to bother you for another roll of toilet paper. One idea is to store the rolls inside a woven or wicker basket, and keep the basket where anyone can find it.
There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to find your eye shadow or hair brush, and then not having enough time to get ready when you do find it. This is why it is important to clear out the clutter, find the right storage solutions and organize your bathroom.